YSTA- SUMMER PROGRAM GOALS - TIMES - DATES
- The vision board
- Extemporaneous / impromptu speaking - called Table Topics (T T)
- Two or three speeches - speech # 1 About me see Building a Speech
- Learning the art of speech evaluation
- The goals of each meeting: A fun way for your children to learn public speaking.
- Creating and learning how to answer those extemporaneous questions.
- Build speeches, present speeches and evaluate speeches.
- Lots of emphasis on the use of filler words, such as like, and,so, also overcoming the use of hums & ah's.
- The program is based on weekly participation. Becoming a good speaker is work and the more often the child speaks, the quicker their confidence will grow.
- Experience growth with guest speakers, evaluations by experienced speakers, and continuing mentor-ship.
- At each meeting the children actively participate in evaluating each other. This will be a continuing program.
- Our goal is to engage your child as much as possible.
- Timing: each meeting will have an assigned timer
- Table Topics: up to 1 minute.
- Speeches: 2-3 minutes
- Evaluations: up to 1 minute
Address: 1801 62nd Ave N. St. Petersburg, Fl. 33702.
Parking: behind building on 18th St. look for YSTA signs.
Day: Wednesday 10-12pm
Meeting time: depends on how many students. 10 - 12 pm
Dates tentative: June 17 - 24 July 1 - 8 - 15 - 22 - 29 Aug. 5
Graduation / Speech Contest --Aug. 6 families are invited
Time: 5:30 - 8pm
See more: www.youthspeakingtoamerica.com