On July 22 we were honored to host The Battle of the Champions, Toastmaster District 48 speech champion Michael Williams, District 84 Champion Mark Gai, and 2007 Toastmaster World Championship contender Jim Bussey, along with Toastmasters Alvin Bartz and Bill Moravec, this was a special occasion.
Also some of our Summer Speech Camp students competed.
|Another future champion|
|Chris & Michael our champions|
|YSTA will give your child the chance|
So what is Building a Toolbox? The toolbox is a metaphor for the brain. Most of the students you see here and at www.youthspeakingtoamerica.com are between 10 & 11 years old.
When given the opportunity to learn all about public speaking, the students find out how much fun this Toastmaster styled program can be.
As we put new tools in the toolbox, the children find out how public speaking will open doors to the future.
- How many of you had this opportunity at their age?
- You were preparing for your first big job interview.
- You were learning about writing and delivering speeches.
- You were building confidence! Think of your list of mesmerizing speakers? Now think that maybe one day your child could be the 2015 Toastmaster World Champion https://youtu.be/bbz2boNSeL0.
- Or the next President of the United States, or you just have something special to teach?
- Or Gandhi, or Toastmaster 2007 World Champion runner-up Rory Vaden https://youtu.be/7hJcXbubLrQ , watch this till the end, it's powerful.
On August 6, we conclude our 2015 Summer Speech Program. If you live in the St. Petersburg, Florida area, stop in.
Hope Lutheran Church
1801 62nd ave N. St. Petersburg, Fl. 33702 park on the 18th st side
6-8:30 pm we start at exactly 6:30
Soon we will start our 5th YSTA program at Pasadena Fundamental school.
Also soon I will announce a fall evening program.
Please join me in helping Build the Toolbox!